Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Food glorious food....well sometimes.

I LOVE FOOD! So, you would think that after 32 years of being a wife and mother that I would have picked up some skill in the cooking field. I am addicted to the cooking shows on TV such as "Top Chef" and "Next Food Network Star". I love watching the Food Network channel and I love cookbooks. I am always picking a new one up at the store that catches my eye. So, you would think that I would be a great cook, chef, baker...but I'm not.

Last week at my son, Steve's house, I made one of Lindsays recipes. It was a chicken tortilla casserole It is a tasty casserole, one which she has made for us before, but for some reason when I made it, it was AWFUL! If it wasn't Sunday I would have ordered pizza after! Then last night, I made Chicken and Rice. I have made this many times, but last night it was dry and bland. Anyway, watching the "Next Food Network Star" has inspired me to put more effort into my cooking. I have to do it whether or not I like it, because I have a husband and right now kids and grandkids to feed- and it is embarrassing that I struggle with cooking a basic meal.

Melissa on Food Network Star, has inspired me. She is not a trained chef, she is a wife and mother who has turned a "chore" (as I see it) into a passion. We all have to eat so why not learn to love it and do it well. So, now that I am 50, entering a new decade, I am going to make an effort to try a new recipe a day. Breakfast, lunch or dinner- it's all free game. I will let you know what happens, and pass on good, easy recipes!

No comments: