Monday, January 19, 2009

Puppy love

Kattie the mom...she is a beautiful dog...we fell in love with her and her pups. Ours is the one in the middle -bottom of the picture...


Today is Martin Luther King day and since Jamie had the day off we drove down to Tombstone, AZ to look at some Springer Spaniel puppies. We have been contemplating on getting a dog again, and have narrowed it down to a Golden Retriever (Jamie's favorite) and a Springer Spaniel (smaller and what I am leaning towards). Jamie coerced his parents into driving down with us, which was a lot of fun, and we went down to check out the puppies.





It's our new puppy....well almost!



After driving 3 hours we arrived at the breeders home. We instantly fell in love with Springers, they were all so sweet, and loving and friendly. Once we saw the puppies, I knew this is what I wanted. Two hours later, we walked out of the house as future Springer Spaniel owners. We found a puppy we loved, and put a deposit down on it. We will be able to pick it up the end of February.


Front view of our puppy.





Sleeping puppy

3 comments:

Lee said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love him. Or is it her? Have you named him/her?

Jen Bay said...

Awwwwwwww.... but I gotta say, glad it's you and not me... training a puppy to stop peeing everywhere is not my idea of fun.

Swint said...

Super cute! That will be so fun. I want a dog pretty bad, but it ain't happenin' any time soon