Monday, October 6, 2008

Grandkids

I just returned from babysitting 3 of my adorable 7 grandkids. It was so fun and I really hated to leave! Kristi went to Chicago with her best friend Erica and seemed to have a very memorable and fun time, so I had the privilege to fly to Utah and spend 5 fun filled days with her kids. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead, so I didn't get any updated pictures of them. We made a halloween gingerbread haunted house that was a disaster, I threw it in the garbage the next day. Have you seen those kits? They make it sound so easy and the picture on the box is just perfect. Well, when you try to put the house together, the frosting is so thick even after squeezing the tube for 60 seconds like it says, and the walls just don't stay together. But, the kids had fun decorating the roof and needless to say we were all covered with black and orange frosting by the time we were done. We also watched "Flushed away" movie about 4 times, Shrek (one of my favorites), the Incredibles, Cars, took cookies to Grandpa Swint, had Sunday dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Bay and Jenny and Doug, read books, went for a walk, went to Walmart (dangerous place for grandmas and grandkids!) played on the trampoline and had movie nights Friday and Saturday with popcorn, homemade pizzas and had a great time. It is amazing how much I love my grandchildren. All the grandmas I talk to feel the same way about their own. They light up my life, and I love talking to them on the phone, getting little pictures they have colored, cute messages and fun pictures. Keep those pictures coming kids! Hopefully next spring I will be able to go out and babysit the other grandkids. We need to bond you know! (hint). Grandkids are the best, keep 'em coming :) !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Very Best! And you do have 7 beautiful grandchildren:-))

Robin said...

Your right there is nothing better than spending time with our grandchildren. Aren't we lucky! And you have some really cute grandchildren.