Sunday, October 19, 2008

scorpions

Lets see, what shall I blog about today. I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought some tomato plants and squash and jalapeno pepper plants to plant in our garden. I also bought a black light. Strange, I know but come to find out, scorpions glow when you shine a black light on them.
It all started a few days back when Jamie saw a scorpion in our hallway. Unfortunately as Jamie was getting the tape for me to pick it up with, the scorpion ran under the door of our hall closet. That sucker was moving quite fast, and we just were not fast enough to catch it. Plus, you don't want to just pick it up with tissue, because it will sting you. So, I opened the door, and couldn't find the darn thing.
So, we went to bed, and decided to invest in a black light to help find this critter before it finds us!
So, last night, I turned off the lights and turned on my black light and went through the closet and all the bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and finally the living room. Low and behold I shined the light in a corner of our living room between couches and there was the scorpion, glowing like it was hit with a high dose of radiation. I yelled for Jamie, and as he kept the light on him, I ran and got some packing tape. We were lucky enough to catch that sucker and I disposed of him outside in the garbage can. I should have gotten a picture but didn't want to dig through the garbage. So, now we are scorpion free, at least for now. I then went outside and "hunted" for scorpions with the black light, but had no luck. Maybe tomorrow night! It was cool. Next time I catch one, I will take a picture of it, I know you are all dying to see it! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K., that't it...I'll never be moving to Phoenix! I do bet they're cool looking under a black light though. Please take pictures next time:-0

Lee said...

Yeah, I don't wanna live there either because of em. creepy!

Busy Mamma said...

Carol, you're so cute! Mom and Dad get scorpions too often, and Daniel and David have way too much fun "investigating" it once it's in the tape! They are yucky little things in my opinion!