Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This week

So, we had a wonderful weekend in Utah, with my dad's 80th birthday, and my grandsons 2nd birthday, it was a full but fun weekend. The only big complaint I had is that I booked a luncheon at "Market Street Grill" in Cottonwood for a family luncheon on Saturday for my dad's 80th. He along with everyone else told me that MSG was a GREAT place to eat, fabulous food and atmosphere. Well, the room they gave us was okay, not quite what I expected, but the wsorst thing was, the food. The salad was ho hum, and the Halibut was pretty bad, although I ate all my food because I was famished! My sister was the only one who had steak, and she said it was great, she was the smartest one of the bunch of us! It makes me mad because we got 2nd rate food at a 1st rate (supposedly) restaurant. They charged us $25 for the room, which I wonder why because we were the only ones in the basement area...and then the food was crummy. I don't think I will go back to MSG at least the cottonwood area one. Which is sad, because I love seafood and have heard so many good things about this restaurant. Anyway, I'll just chalk it up to experience.

Sunday morning we went to my brothers church where he blessed his baby- Jake, and it was really nice. I was really glad we went, Paul (my brother) bore his testimony, which I don't know if I have really ever heard it, and it really touched me. He is a good guy!
That evening we had a Thanksgiving dinner with my whole family and it was YUMMY! I of course ate way too much, but just couldn't help myself.
Most of the guys were down watching football, and so a few of us left upstairs played Balderdash!
Seriously, that is a very fun game! It is hard, because you have to make up scenarios, definitions, etc... and that can be tough, but it is funny what some people come up with.

The next morning Jamie and I both woke up Monday morning feeling under the weather, you know scratchy throat, headaches, so we knew we were going to have a "fun" drive back to Phoenix. Well, we decided to stop in Vegas because Jamie had a conference call he had to make, and plus we were both feeling rotten.
Jamie booked us a great room at the Marriott Las Vegas resort, way out in west LV, and it was great. It had a big whirlpool bath tub that I sat in most of the evening trying to relax my body and clear up my congestion.
The next morning we both were feeling lousy still, and headed out to Phoenix. The weather was great and we were anxious to get home to vote and relax. We got home about 2 pm and voted then both went to bed. We were looking forward to watching the election results, and tried to watch them until It was clear that McCain didn't have a chance, so we went to bed for the night.

This morning I was pleasantly surprised and thrilled to see that the Prop 102 in Arizona (marriage amendment) and the propositions in Florida and California also passed! To me this was more huge than the presidential race. I was so glad that even though my candidate didn't win (yes, I voted for McCain), that the most important issue on the ballot did pass. It makes me feel like we won anyway. So I am happy!
Now lets see if we can get Romney in 2012!

3 comments:

Jen Bay said...

Whew. Busy week-end. I wish we were within driving distance of Utah to go there for the week-end... someday maybe.

Lee said...

I wish we could have been there for Grandpa. Oh well...

I didn't know about the Propositions. I'm SOOO relieved!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of your work. I LOVED playing Balderdash with you guys...it's just not as fun with anyone else!