Monday, September 22, 2008

Thoughts for today

I was looking through a book filled with inspirational quotes. Here are some I really liked- enjoy!

"Let us then be what we are, and speak what we think, and in all things keep ourselves loyal to truth."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Winston S. Churchill

"It's a funny thing about life- if you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it."
W. Somerset Maugham

"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."

Horace

And this one is in honor of my mom-the eternal optimist:

"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities; an optimist is one who makes opportunities with his difficulties."
Reginald B. Mansell

Thats all.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these...thanks for sharing

Robin said...

What great thoughts. I love the one by Churchhill about listening.

Jen Bay said...

I love thoughts like that. It's a good reminder...