Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nebraska corn


This Summer my mom and I went on a road trip to Nebraska, where she was born. It was great to see the tiny town my mom was born in (real tiny town-Ithaca) and to see where she grew up for most of her youth. We stayed at her best friend's house whom she has known since first grade. It was really nice to get to know these good down-home humble friends and get to spend a few days on a real farm where they raise corn. The best part was being able to eat all the fresh corn we wanted. It was the tastiest corn I have ever had. It really made me appreciate the endless hours and hard work that goes into the food we eat. These are good God-fearing, humble people who help make this great country of ours what it is. I am so glad I was able to spend time with my mom, who I don't get to see very often. We had a great time driving and passing train after train after train... I hope we can do it again.

3 comments:

Jen Bay said...

Cute picture!

Anonymous said...

I'm going with you next time:-))

Busy Mamma said...

I didn't know you guys did that! That's awesome! I'm so glad you guys got to go on this trip.