Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dog days, but help is on the way!

So, in the context of Lee's daily list of happenings, here is a list of my own morning routine, living with Cody.

1. Wake up at 5 to dog whining, take him out to pee-he does (have previously been up at 12 midnight and 3 am with dog).
2. Put puppy back in Crate
3. Try to go back to sleep
4. Fall asleep but wake back up at 6 am to dog whining
5. Lay there mumbling under my breath....use your imagination!
5. Finally get up at 6:10 am when dog howls louder
6. Take Cody out to pee... he does
7. Think Cody will control himself in the house running around bedroom-he doesn't he goes CRAZY!
8. Jumps up to bed and barks and bites at anything hanging over bed, including feet
9. Pick Cody up whilst getting nipped at constantly-feet, hands, hair, ears...
10. Put Cody in Pen in Kitchen
11.. Give him food and water
12. Take Cody out to pee-he does (7:30am)
13. Try to play with him,,,,more nipping toes, feet, hands, legs, pajamas, fingers, hair...etc.
14. Give up and put in Crate
15. Go hike for 1 hour --Yeah... free from puppy attack!
And the rest of the day continues, nips,bites,jumps,barks, pees, poops,nips,bites,jumps,barks,whines,poops ----which leads to shopping while dog is in crate!

After many days of this, I called a professional puppy trainer Kay, and she is coming tomorrow! Hallelujia!
I'll let you know what happens! Do your magic Kay!

Yep --you told me so Jen! But he sure is cute!

3 comments:

Lee said...

You may have cured my desire for a puppy for the boys.

Jen Bay said...

Sometimes... of course, I mean for myself, cute aint enough.

Anonymous said...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that my puppy was never like that! She has NEVER chewed up one single thing, slept through the 1st night, never whined and overall, trained really quick...I guess I'm lucky...also, rubbing it in a bit...sorry, good luck. If kay doesn't work, call the Dog Whisperer:-))