Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Puppy blues

So, it has been a little over two weeks since we picked up our puppy. I must say, I have probably hit every emotion since...excited, joyful, happy, frustrated, stressed, angry, melancholy, apathetic, pain, overwhelmed, elated, proud, tired, exhausted, ticked, incompetent, hopeful, discouraged, and today encouraged.

Having a puppy as all of you who have had puppies know, is not easy as you think. Sure they are cute and bouncy and fun, but they are a TON of work! It feels like I have a two year old and an infant all rolled into a ball of shedding fur! Getting up every two hours for potty breaks wears old after 2 weeks, but I am excited to say that Cody slept through the night the past two nights-YAHOO! I was beginning to think that I am too old for this, but I know I am not, and have a renewed hope that I can train this puppy.

I will post pics as soon as I find my camera battery charger so I can download on this new computer.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Good job. Now can you come do Kevin?

Jen Bay said...

i think i might have already said this... better you than me...

Anonymous said...

It'll all be worth it one day...I LOVE my little Layla (even though she's a total pig when she eats!)